There are a number of common mistakes that can occur when creating Facebook Ads. Below, we outline ten of the most common errors, and how to avoid them:
- Not having a clear call-to-action – A lot of businesses create ads without a clear call-to-action, or they bury it so deep in the ad that people miss it altogether. Your call-to-action needs to be front and center, and it needs to be something that will compel people to click through to your site or landing page.
- Not Defining Your Objectives – The first step to creating a successful ad is to define your advertising objective. Without clear objectives, you will not be able to measure the success of your ad campaign. Make sure to take the time to decide what you want your ad to achieve before moving on to the next step.
- Targeting the wrong audience – This is by far the most common mistake that businesses make on Facebook. They either target too broad of an audience, or they target people who are not likely to be interested in their product or service. The key is to find that sweet spot of people who are both interested in what you have to offer and are also likely to buy from you.
- Using the wrong type of Ad – If you’re using the wrong Facebook ad type for your business goals, you may as well be throwing your money away. Depending on what you’re trying to accomplish – whether it’s building brand awareness, generating leads, or boosting sales – there’s a specific ad type that will help you achieve it.
- Running to many Ads at once – There can be a few problems that arise when running too many Facebook ads at the same time. The first is that your Ads account could get suspended for violating their Terms of Service. Another problem is that you could end up overspending your daily budget, which would result in your ads being less effective. Finally, if you’re targeting the same audience with all of your ads, they may start to see the same ad content too often, which could lead to them becoming less engaged with your brand overall.
- Using low-quality visuals – This may be obvious to many of us but we see this happening time and time again. Your followers will be less engaged with your content, meaning you’ll get fewer likes, comments, and shares. This in turn will lead to fewer people seeing your content, which reduces the reach of your page. When done correctly, investing in high quality design and content can be well worth the effort.
- Forgetting to Optimize Your FaceBook Ads – With over 2 billion active users, Facebook is the perfect place to advertise your products or services. But if you’re not optimizing your ads for all devices, you could be missing out on a ton of potential customers. More than 60% of Facebook users access the site on mobile devices, so it’s essential that your ads are optimized for smaller screens. Make sure your images and copy are clear and concise, and avoid using too much text.
- Forgetting the 80/20 Rule with FaceBook Ads – it’s one of the most common mistakes people make. The rule of thumb is that you should be spending 80% of your time creating your ad and 20% on finding the right audience. But more often than not, people spend most of their time looking for the perfect audience and very little time on creating an effective ad. This can lead to a lot of wasted money and time with little to show for it in terms of results.
- Forgetting to do A/B Testing – When it comes to FaceBook ads, A/B testing is essential in order to maximize your results. by not A/B testing, you’re essentially leaving money on the table. By testing different ad copy, images, and targeting options, you can figure out what works best for your business and your target audience. Without A/B Testing, you’ll never know what could have been.
- Just boosting your Ads without a strategy – When you’re running Facebook Ads, it’s important that you take the time to understand who your target audience is and what they’re interested in. Blindly boosting your ad spend without doing any research is a surefire way to waste money and see little to no results.
Of course there are more mistakes that are made since Facebook today has become very complex, but by avoiding these most common ones, will improve your results and help you get the most out of your investment.